Piano Lesson FAQs
What Lesson Length Do I Need?
- 30 minute solo lessons are a great start for 4-6 year old beginner students
- 45 minute solo lessons are ideal for most beginners and adult beginners
Where Are The Piano Lessons Held?
- Lessons are held in my home studio in Kemptville Ontario
- Lessons are held in the convenience of your home by the Musicology platform.
Do I Need A Piano At Home?
- Yes, a piano at home is mandatory to begin piano lessons - acoustic or electric.
How Much Practice is Necessary?
This depends on the level and age of the student and how fast they want to progress. The most important thing is that practice happens every day and that weekly assignments are completed. In the case of adult students, life and work can get in the way of daily practice, however some practice between lessons is highly recommended.
- Young students and beginners: 10-20 minutes a day
- Elementary students: 20-30 minutes a day
- Intermediate students: 30-45 minutes a day
- Advanced students: 60 minutes a day
Do You Teach Adults?
Absolutely! Adults of any level are extremely welcome. Please visit the adult piano lessons page for more information.
What's the Youngest Age Student You Will Teach?
I generally recommend starting students at the age of 6. I will accept 4 and 5 year olds on a case by case basis. I have been using a wonderful new method called Piano Safari Friends which is perfect for this age group.
What Type Of Music Can I Learn?
I teach any and all genres of music that a student wants to learn.
Although some classical music is generally necessary for good progress to be made, you are by no means limited to classical. If the student loves the music that's all that matters to me.
How Can I Pay My Tuition?
You can pay tuition each month or each semester.
Adults can purchase lessons in packages of 8.
E-transfer payments are the most convenient for most students but you can also pay by cash or cheque.