Piano Lesson FAQs
What Lesson Length Do I Need?
- 30 minute solo lessons are a great start for 4-6 year old beginner students
- 45 minute solo lessons are ideal for most beginners and adult beginners
Where Are The Piano Lessons Held?
- Lessons are held in my home studio in Kemptville Ontario
- Lessons are held in the convenience of your home by Zoom.
Do I Need A Piano At Home?
- You definitely need some kind of practice instrument. Acoustic or electronic pianos are best, but a weighted keyboard can suffice for the beginning stages.
How Much Practice is Necessary?
This depends on the level and age of the student and how fast they want to progress. The most important thing is that practice happens every day and that weekly assignments are completed.
- Young students and beginners: 10-20 minutes a day
- Elementary students: 20-30 minutes a day
- Intermediate students: 30-45 minutes a day
- Advanced students: 60 minutes a day
Do You Teach Adults?
Absolutely! Adults of any level are extremely welcome. Please visit the adult piano lessons page for more information.
What's the Youngest Age Student You Will Teach?
I generally recommend starting students at the age of 6. I will accept 4 and 5 year olds on a case by case basis. I have been using a wonderful new method called Piano Safari which is perfect for this age group (and older beginners too).
What Type Of Music Can I Learn?
I teach any and all genres of music that a student wants to learn.
Although some classical music is generally necessary for good progress to be made, you are by no means limited to classical. If the student loves the music that's all that matters to me.
How Can I Pay My Tuition?
You can pay tuition each month or each semester.
Adults can purchase lessons in packages of 8.
Bank transfer payments are the most convenient for most students but you can also pay by cash or cheque.